Morris View Subacute Unit Celebrates 1st Anniversary & Welcomes 100th Patient
Monday, February 4, 2013
The Subacute Unit at Morris View Healthcare Center in Morris Township welcomed its 100th patient Feb. 1 as it celebrated its 1st birthday.
Morristown resident Doris Fenn, who is in the Subacute Unit for a short-term rehabilitation stay, was the 100th patient and was presented with flowers and a cake by the unit’s staff and administration.
The Subacute Unit at Morris View Healthcare Center opened its doors to its first patients Jan. 31, 2012.
“The unit provides comprehensive inpatient care for patients in need of short-term recovery after a hospital stay as a result of an illness or injury,” said Cathy Engler, Morris View Healthcare Center administrator.
The unit’s areas of focus include orthopedic conditions such as fractures, hip and knee replacement and amputations; post surgical recovery; stroke and neurological rehabilitation; trauma; functional decline due to an illness; and wound care.
Subacute care is generally more intensive than traditional nursing care and less intensive than acute care, and requires frequent patient assessment and review of the clinical course, Engler said.
“The goal is to maximize independence and function. Subacute services are designed to return patients home safely and as soon as possible, with most patients being discharged after 20 days,” Engler said.
Therapy programs are initiated after an evaluation and are delivered according to a physician approved treatment plan.The rehabilitation components consist of physical, occupational and speech therapies and activities of daily living training, according to Engler.
Each of the 15 rooms in the Subacute Unit is a private room, and there is a physical therapy gym dedicated for subacute patients.
Engler said tours of the facility may be arranged and more information may be obtained by calling the Admissions Department at 973-285-2617.
- 6th Annual Natural High Ice Skating Event
- Library Selected for Pilot Program to Assist Blind...
- School of Technology Offers Green Energy Technolog...
- Freeholders Approve Additional Flood Buyout Proper...
- It’s Not Too Late for a Flu Shot
- Morris Significantly Expands Website Content to En...
- Morris County Leads the State in Property Tax Reli...
- Morris Helps Preserve 113 Acres in Harding Townshi...
- Got New Home Electronics? Recycle the Old Ones
- New Freeholders Take Their Oaths in Morris